01 45 32 95 94
A runny eye
If your animal has a runny eye, it can be most of the time one of the following affections:
- conjunctivitis : the eye is then red
- Damage of the lacrimal system: lacrimal canals allow tears to drain to the nose. If this system does not work correctly, then a leakage of tears can be seen on the corner of the eyes. This affection is generally benign.
- A malposition of the eyelids : Entropion
- Third eyelid gland prolapse : luxation of the accessory gland
- Keratitis or corneal ulcer : Corneal ulcer , indolent corneal ulcer, Herpetic Keratitis, Corneal sequestrum
- Glaucoma : Glaucoma
Any painful affection can lead to a drainage of tears.
In any case, this symptom is not to be neglected and must incite you to see your veterinarian.