A painful eye
Pain can be seen in animals by the closing of their eye (blinking), and possibly a drainage of tears and a decline in general state.
When ocular pain is seen, an examination will allow the following diagnosis:
- A simple conjunctivitis
- A kerato-conjunctivitis sicca : KCS
- A malposition of the eyelids : Entropion
- A corneal ulcer : corneal ulcer, indolent corneal, herpetic keratitis, corneal sequestrum
- A corneal wound : corneal wound
- A foreign body (a spikelet for example)
- An uveitis (intra-ocular inflammation) : Uveitis
- A glaucoma : Glaucoma
Affection known for generating a strong pain
- Luxation of the lens : Luxation of the lens
In any case, this symptom is not to be neglected and must incite you to see your veterinarian.